i'm mike

this is a blog about me and the things that i do

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

new ventures

Well, today I have started the vast yet seemingly simple task of handling the marketing for our theatre production, Sweet Home Chicago, when it eventually goes on tour in September.

It's not a complicated job, simply checking that the theatres have all the print they need from us, then contacting all local newspapers & radio stations to persuade them to, at least, list us in their ents column, and possibly even run a feature on the show, maybe run a competition to give away a pair of tickets, blah blah blah. Basically, anything I can persuade them to do which will raise the profile of the show and get more bums on seats, not least because the larger the crowd, the larger the boost to my ego while on stage, but also because the larger the crowd, the the larger the boost to my bank balance as I'm working partially on commission!

Anyway, wasn't that fascinating for all of you who don'y give 2 shits about my theatre tour. Well, here's a little tit-bit for all you people who were bored by that last section: Jonathan Dimbleby wets the bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home