i'm mike

this is a blog about me and the things that i do

Friday, October 13, 2006

'tis a singer's life for me

So, this weekend, while the rest of you lucky, lucky people get to be out drinking and having a good time, I will be out gigging Friday and Saturday night. Tonight I'm in Nottingham, which isn't all bad as there is enough money in the gig to pay for us to stay in the hotel we are playing at, which means that as soon as we finish we can start drinking, and have a lovely full english brekkie. Plus, if I use some of my considerable charm on the receptionist, we should even be able to leave our gear in the function room overnight and pack up in the morning. Lovely!

Then Saturday night it's off to near Birmingham, via Bewdley to pick up a MD player I bought from some incompetent on ebay who refuses to post the bloody thing. But hey, as I'm in that neck of the woods-ish, I may as well save myself some spondules and pick it up myself. Then, it's to the nearest pub to watch the footie, then onwards to the gig, then Travel Bin, then home.

Ah, what a glamourous and exotic life one leads when working in the entertainment industry! But hey, I'd still rather be doing this than working in my old office. A bad day singing is still 100 times better than a good day in shipping!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:02 am, Blogger Benjamin said…

    Hope the gigs went well chap. Any exciting stories to tell about drugged up groupies?

     
  • At 10:06 am, Blogger mike the singist said…

    Gigs went fine, thanks for asking.

    Unfortunately, none of my tales of drugged up groupies and my rock 'n' roll lifestyle are are broadcastable over such a public and unregulated medium as the intraweb, nor are they suitable for telling to married men, who would only begin to question their life choices if they were informed of such glorious debauchery.

    Anyhoo, I should hopefully be making a brief cameo at the Queens at some point this weekend (most like Friday night). I hope you and your good lady wife will be there so that I may share much drunkenness and revelry with you both.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home