i'm mike

this is a blog about me and the things that i do

Thursday, October 26, 2006

bloody rubbish idiot things!

Right, I must apologise in advance for what will surely turn in to more of a rant than your average blog ramblings.

My powered mixer has decided after several years of faithful service, to go ahead and die. This, under normal circumstances wouldn't be all that terrible, but unfortunately, I have an awful lot of gigs coming up in the next couple of months, which require me to have such equipment. Which means I now have to spend around £750 on a new set-up. This, obviously, is rubbish!

Just as I was planning the next few weeks out. Utilising the only free weekend I have until Christmas to pop up to Liverpool and visit my friend up there, then organising a long overdue lads night out, then going to see Jimmy Carr in London with some mates. All of this requires money, which I no longer have. Add to that, the financial 10 ton Acme anvil which is the purchase Christmas presents, and you can somewhat understand my current malaise.

So, in an effort to claw back some of my dwindling finances, if you or anyone you know would like to purchase a pair of second-hand 300w Carlsboro speakers, please give me a shout. They do show some signs of wear and tear, but I can assure you that they still work fine and have never given me any problems. The sound quality is good and you could pick yourself up a real bargain. The inputs are XLR. Perfect for use with a duo or as part of a band set-up.

I apologise whole-heartedly for turning this into an advert for the sale of my speakers/soul, but I have little choice in the matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home