i'm mike

this is a blog about me and the things that i do

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

shaking the dust off and knocking the rust off

Forgive me Blogfather for I have sinned - it has been a month since my last entry (well, ish)

Anyway, not much has been happening in my little world since then, so I haven't really felt the need to blog. Not that anything dramatic has happened to inspire todays entry, I was just checking other peoples' and realised I hadn't done one in a while.

So, the big news this week is that I've received a letter inviting me to a 'Come Back For Christmas' thingy at the Plume. Basically, they've written to lots of ex-pupils, who were involved in shows, choir, music things etc and invited them back one Sunday in December (the 17th, I think) to have a bit of a reunion and put together some choir & band stuff to perform to friends, family and eachother in the evening.

Initially I thought about not going, just out of self-consciousness really. If I turn up and tell everyone that I'm now a professional singer, they're going to be expecting me to be amazing (and possibly also a little big-headed, which I am). But then I thought fuck it, I'm just going to go and see lots of people I haven't seen for a while and enjoy myself. That said, I won't be doing any real singing, certainly no solo stuff (maybe just join in with the choir) as I'm gigging on the Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday before this thing on the Sunday, so my voice will be in no fit state for any kind of performance, other than possibly a bad Joe Cocker impersonation!

Well, I appear (as usual) to have rambled on sufficiently to turn a brief 'hello' into lengthy prose, so I will bid you all good day.

Stay safe and remember... always recycle - it's good for the planet and your soul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home